Staatlicher Hofkeller Würzburg, Riesling, Würzburger Stein
German Riesling VDP. ERSTE LAGE© (Premier Cru)
Staatlicher Hofkeller Würzburg, Riesling 2016 Würzburger Stein, 750ml, 13.5%vol
in the traditional "Bocksbeutel" bottle from Franconia.
Enjoy our 2016 German Riesling harvested from the famous Würzburger Stein with a fresh and striking fruity note. Renowned as one of the best white grape varieties in the world, Riesling is an excellent wine paired with different food.
In addition to pairing naturally with traditional German dishes such as sausages and pork-based dishes, it has a natural affinity with fish and shellfish, such as scallops, gracefully highlighting the salty, almost iodine flavours of the sea.
It is also delicious with poultry and is probably the only white wine grape that goes especially well with the Asian cuisine.
All our Riesling wines match perfectly with:
- Creamy sauces, especially with fish like sole
- Japanese seafood dishes especially sashimi and sushi
- Other raw seafood such as fish tartare, carpaccio and ceviche
- Fresh crab
- Seafood salads
- Smoked fish, especially smoked salmon and eel
- Simply cooked fish such as seabass
- Dim sum